Friday, December 16, 2011

DIY Friday #5: Make A Butterfly Out Of Flowers

Is it just me or did Friday roll around really fast this week? I think it might have something to do with the fact that Christmas is just around the corner and I still have a LOT of shopping to do!!! Lol.



Well so far for the first 4 DIY Friday's I have shown you how to make flowers, this week I decided to change it up (just a little bit, haha) and show you how to take flowers you have and make them into cute little butterflies! I thought it'd be cute to make a congrats card for a newly born baby using the DIY Butterflies.



Here is the card I made:




Step 1: Pick out your flower, it must be a 5 petal flower and the rounder the petals the better for transforming it into a beautiful butterfly!



Step 2: Take the top petal and fold it in toward the bottom of the flower






Step 3: You can either leave the petal folded in or cut it off at this point, up to you, but if you are going to use wire and make antenna's you may want to leave the top of the flower attached for the extra layering ;)




Step 4: Last add the bling, or centering of your choice (perfect pearls or stickles makes a create center also).




Last add this cute little guy to your project!



To make this card I used products from the Simple Stories line Baby Steps!
Be sure to stop back next Friday to check out a new DIY idea =)



3 comments:

  1. Looks as if I will be using up some of those paper flowers I have had forever!! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany!

    Lisa- I've had these flowers FOREVER too and as much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE flowers there are so many in the jars and I always feel like I've used them so much on previous pages.... I noticed I could turn it into a butterfly when one of the petals was folded down, Oh happy accidents ;) {and I can ALWAYS use more butterflies} LOL

    ReplyDelete