Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day In Photos: A Day At The Museum

On Saturday Baz and I made a trip to the Columbus Art Museum, I had not been there since an art class in high school and this was going to be Baz's first trip! The Museum has changed sooo much since the last time I was there, it was amazing-- it was so much more interactive than I remember.

Baz and I in front of Columbus Art Museum:





Baz looking at landscape artwork:




Me in the Western Room-- This is one of the interactive part, almost every room seemed to have one! Here in the Western Room they as you to write what represents the west to you, some people drew images, my favorite was the mustache! LOL.








Baz in the Western Room-- They put tumbleweeds throughout to represent the west =)




Baz and I both agreed that this was one of our favorite pieces! If you look closely there are several actual pictures throughout the artwork and the artist drew an extension and made all the pictures come together <3


And here is my FAVORITE interactive piece-- this is the Peace Tree, you write down your wish for peace and what you would like to see.



And here is Baz writing down his wish--- In this room they also had a booth where you could video record you talking about how war or images of war has effected your life, they continuously play the video in that room... That was Baz's favorite interactive piece, but unfortunately it was not recording at the moment. {He was so disappointed}








After the Art Museum we did some driving downtown and found (ok, I had seen it before, but Baz had not) Columbus, Ohio's Eiffel Tower =)











8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun! Love the peace tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a FANTASTIC post! I love reading about what's happening in other museums! The interactive wall thing is such a great idea- I'm a little jealous! Maybe that will hit NYC museums at some point. Did you get inspiration from seeing those? I could see a great scrapbook page- especially with the black stickies on the white wall. The painting you showed is drop dead gorgeous- another thing I love- abstract art. Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left with soooo many ideas!!! I don't know why but I didn't think of the stikies--- good thinkin, love that idea!! =)

      Delete
  3. Whata fun day! I love museums :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you guys has a blast! I loved the wishing tree! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a great day! We love going to museums together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! They will be fun to scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete