Thursday, April 19, 2012

Authentique: Glory Release

Glory (Noun)
1. very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent; renown

2. something that is a source of honor, fame, or admiration; a distinguished ornament or an object of pride
3. resplendent beauty or magnificence.

You may be wondering why I began today’s post this way. Sit tight – you’ll see! I have some awesome things to share today! Authentique has announced their newest release "Glory" on their blog today (click here to check it out). It is a beautiful collection with an Americana theme. I know what you’re thinking – “I don’t need to scrap the 4th of July every year!” but this collection is so beautiful that it extends beyond the obvious uses. The projects below are my recent work for Cord Camera Scrapbook Studio using the new Glory line from Authentique. You can also find my projects featured today on Authentique’s blog! Check out the Glory debut on their blog and I guarantee you’ll love the collection. The deep colors really get me – Aren’t they beautiful!?

First up -- I have a 12x12 layout featuring yours truly as a baby. Wasn’t I adorable?? This photo was taken for my first birthday in 1987. I have been waiting to scrap this photo and the second that I laid eyes on the Glory line I knew exactly what photo I wanted to use!



Materials Used:
*Kraft Cardstock, Bazzill Red
*Liberty
*Pride
*Elements
*Details
*Canvas Flower
*Catseye: Chesnut
*Knock Out Punch: Scallop





Second up is this mini album I made using my grandpa's Navy WWII pictures, he was stationed over in Germany between 1943-1945.





























Materials Used:

*Bobunny 6x6 Album
*Cardsotck: Kraft, Navy, Bazzill Red
*Pride
*United
*Freedom
*Liberty
*Elements
*Details
*Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Walnut
*Organdy Robbon: Ivory, Red
*Stickles: Xmas Red

The word glory can be defined by the terms listed at the beginning of this post. These priceless old photos that I have used are certainly witness to my own idea of glory. My family members before me serving in the military to protect this country and the people they loved – Glory. My parents bringing us into the world and raising us with love – Glory. And of course, this beautiful new collection from Authentique which helped me to finally create projects worthy of this piece of history – Glory.


22 comments:

  1. Love your layout and that album is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great album and layout. That mini is terrific..I love the navy pictures, very nice way to scrap pictures of your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAYYY! I'm so glad you are getting featured over at Authentique! I will head over there next. I really love that kraft page and the minibook is gorgeous!!! You have a wealth of gorgeous vintage photos to work with- my aunt raided the family albums and took off with them to Texas. I may have to pay her a visit and scan a few because this post is incredibly inspiring. Thanks for swinging by my blog today- your visits always make me feel like some kind of scrappy Kung Fu master. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfect are these papers for your layout and mini? Love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your layout!
    You were a cute baby :)
    But that mini-album is such a great idea!!!
    I have tons of photos of my grandpa in the Navy, so this is inspiring to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the mini album is just awesome. I love Kraft paper but have NEVER tried using it with red and blue. You have inspired me to go out of my comfort one. Now, if only mine could be half an nice as yours...EllenBee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley: I simply love your mini album. Such a lovely tribute to your grandpa.....you know how proud I am of the military. Love the papers you used too.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these projects are beautiful! Congrats on being featured over on Authentique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh...do I see fleur-de-lis?! Whoop-whoop! Love it! Beautiful album and the layout is so adorable! Yep...gotta have some of this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful projects! I really like the flower embellishment you created on the LO and the mini album is a beautiful tribute to your grandfather! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'll look forward to coming back here again.... I did spy a sketch challenge. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are amazing! I LOVE that album - how wonderful that you put that together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are both so wonderful!!! i may borrow your heart on the flower idea...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout!! and your mini album is fantastic...such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, love how you tied it all together. Those are some wonderful photos and I do love that paper collection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful that you have those old photos. What a treasure and I love the mini album. Sweet LO too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute! Your first bday pic is adorable indeed! I thought it was your 2nd bday or something though. You were beautiful already at one! My son at one still looked very much like a baby haha.

    Your grandpa's so handsome! It's precious that you have so many photos of his.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how I love older photos. They are such a gift!
    This post is wonderful. I love Authentique's new collection. Your project is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for visiting my blog~your work is very pretty and I love the sketch designs:):)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all things Americana...that layout is so beautiful...you were so cute! Very special mini album, pictures, and memories...something to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a special mini album you put together.
    Yes you were a cute at one, you still are :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE your album...simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These layouts using vintage family photos are just wonderful, Ashley. I love that you've kept them rather simple because those photos really deserve all the attention, and those Authentique papers do a wonderful job of supporting them. Fabulous! :-)
    Janice

    ReplyDelete