Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kaisercraft: Seaside

Ever have a 6x6 paper pad laying around and you are just dying to use it for a layout? Yup, that's how I was feeling, I love using 6x6 paper pads for layouts because the patterns on the 6x6 pads are much tighter and I personally think it makes for a better pattern when using bits and pieces.

Today I made a layout using Kaisercrafts: Seaside collection from the 6x6 paper pad. It was perfect for the beach pictures I had from my trip to The Gambia. I cut out several 1/2" strips of different lengths, layed out my photo's and it just came together!





As I mentioned above, this layout is from our last trip to The Gambia, Baz and I took a day off from spending time with his family to lay out and drink freshly made mango juice on the beautiful beach. I had a great time just relaxing, watching the waves crash and listening to reggae {mainly Bob Marley} in the background. We also did a little horse back riding on the beach {and paid a whopping $4 to do so!} but more on that in another post ;)

Materials Used:
*Kaisercrafts: Seaside 6x6 paper pad
*Kaisercrafts: Black Rhinestones
*Basicgrey: Max & Whiskers-Bloomers
*2 White cardstock
*Blue Mist 

14 comments:

  1. Ashley, I love it. I love that you used 6x6 paper! I love the layout!! I love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice photos and memories. And I love how you used the 6x6 papers. I buy 6x6 pads all the time as a way of getting all the patterns in a collection without spending a fortune, so I'm always on the lookout for a good way to use them on my layouts. Thanks for the inspiration. :-)
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it's never occurred to me but you're right! Plus you can print photos smaller and save ink!!! I'm going to try this! I really like the layout with the strips! Great design. Thanks for the kick in the pants! Also thanks for your continued support over on my blog- I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout. What a great use of the 6x6 papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time on the beach!! :)
    Love the paper strips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tons of 6x6 pads laying around and never use them. Thanks for sharing your sketch! I'm hoping I'll actually use them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never given 6x6 pads much thought, but the fact that the pattern is tighter is a really good point. I may have to pick one up now :D Great layout! I've always wanted to go horse back riding on the beach.....man $4 is a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of the patterned paper! Looks like an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet layout! So nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those paper strips and your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete