Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sketch Of The Month: May 2012

For more sketches check out my book: Designs By Ashley Rock: 12x12 Scrapbook Sketches, Volume One. Click Here.


I am excited to share with you May's Sketch Of The Month along with a layout! Here is the Sketch:






And here is the layout I made using the sketch:




This is also a layout and sketch that I made for Cord Scrapbooking Studio using Jillibean's Chicken Dumpling Soup. I LOVED the colors in this line, they are so bright and fun and thought they would go great with some cruise pictures I had from 2005 when I went on a Disney Cruise! This Disney Cruise is the first cruise (and currently only cruise) I have ever been on-- I LOVED it, anything Disney is done right. It was a 4 day cruise and we cruised to Key West and Disney's private island Castaway Cay, the photo's above are from while we were ported at Castaway Cay--- what a beautiful island!! And look who we found-- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and Goofy!

Material List:

Jillibean Chicken Dumpling Soup
*Bazzill-2 Chiffon
*Pea Pod Parts
*Cardstock Stickers
*Celery Stalks
*Dried Basil
*New Potatoes
*Bite Size Bits
*Chicken Thighs
*Shortening
*Cats Eye Ink-Black
*Stickles-Platinum
*Liquid Pearls-Buttercup
*Prima Flowers-Innocence2



If you make a layout using any of the sketches I post feel free to post them to my facebook page and link back to your blogs, I LOVE to see what is created with my sketches! If you want more sketches, check out my book here or my monthly Sketch Club Here hosted by Pizazz It! Scrapbooks.


Annnnnd there's more!!! I have a bonus take on the sketch, Sybrina K has designed a card based on her take of the layout sketch.




Here is what Sybrina had to say:

  • First, I rotated the sketch 180 degrees.
  • Then came my inspiration. I chose a postcard to use a postcard embellishment with its left and right sides to take the place of the two photos.
  • Finally, I used masculine colors and embellishments to turn a feminine sketch into one suitable for the gentleman who is retiring -- just as you suggest in your book

To view more of Sybrina's cards check out her blog. Click Here.


19 comments:

  1. great layout! i just love that jillibean collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley I love your sketch and the layout that you created with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the skeetch! Looking forward to working on this one! Your layout is so pretty- the colors and JB are great for the pics. I also really like the card- going to have to try that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your take on the sketch... fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with that sketch! And that island looks INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout! Love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this sketch. I'm going to save it and put it to use this weekend for National Scrapbooking Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *New Follower* I love your sketch and the layout using it! Very nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout and sketch :)
    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely soft colours! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors on your layout! Nice sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used your sketch on a card, but can't show it until Wednesday.
    Hope you like what I did with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I can't wait to see it!! =)

      Delete
  13. here is my take on your wonderful sketch:
    http://raebellus.blogspot.com/2012/05/doggie-check-up-miss-personality.html

    ReplyDelete