Thursday, June 14, 2012

BoBunny Alora Single Page

It's a beautiful day out here in the Columbus, Ohio area, sunny and currently in the high 70's! Just lovely! To go along with the theme of sunny and beautiful I have a layout to share that I made for Cord Scrapbook Studios using this fun and bright BoBunny "Alora" line!



This layout is of my beautiful niece Ami, she lives in The Gambia with Baz's mom (Ami's grandma) while Baz's sister (Ami's mother) lives in Angola. It is tradition that as a daughter if you leave your home country you leave your first child with your mom to take care of them if you have a child before you leave, it is like saying I am leaving but here is a piece of me to remember. It is very hard, tradition or not to leave your child but Ami is in good hands and surrounded by tons of family members and children her age, she is a very happy kid. While in Gambia Ami was my best friend, full of spunk, teaching me the language and always entertaining. I miss everyone there but most of all I miss this little girl, I can only imagine how big she is now. After we left Gambia, Baz's mom pointed to a plane and told Ami that I was on that plane, now still to this day every time Ami see's a plane she yells "Ah-chee-lay" in attempts to pronounce my name. I cant wait to see her again one day.






Material List:

*Kraft Cardstock
*Doodles
*Cut Outs
*Stitches
*Combo Stickers
*Giggles
*Ribbon: Orange ric-rac
*Adirondak Ink- Citrus & Espresso
*Liquid Pearls-Cream
*Jillibean-Braised brown alphabeans


And here is a video of Ami just running around, just being her own happy self.

 

9 comments:

  1. What an adorable story and layout! Your niece is just way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, but it doe not compare to your story. You should write your story on the back of the layout, that story is one that would be a shame to lose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Lisa! I am terrible with waiting to write it out, lol. Hopefully having it written here will inspire me to go back and write out the full story, I like the back of the page idea!!

      Delete
  3. Terrific LO...Thanks for sharing a little about your niece, I can imagine that being a tough one to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page! That's an interesting tradition but wow...must be hard to leave behind your child. Nice that she is growing up amid lots of family though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting tradition. Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout and an interesting tradition...learn something new everyday, right?! Your niece is such a cutie! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I couldn't imagine leaving my child behind. Great layout and appreciate your story.

    ReplyDelete