Sunday, July 1, 2012

Monthly Sketch: July 2012

July already? I feel like every month has been seeking up on me!! Where is the time going? How can it be July already? Alas, it is and it is the first which means it is time for the Monthly Sketch! Woo-hoo! 

This months sketch I was focusing on how to fit several photos on a page without compromising too much on the size of the photos and on design, I was able to fit 5 photos on a single page! Not too shabby. 



Sybrina K has a wonderful take on this months sketch turning it from a layout into a card! Isn't it adorable?
Stop on over to her blog (click here) and check out her amazing cards!


**Special Side Note: This card is an OWH (Operation Write Home) Any Hero card being sent to a deployed troop member who does not receive mail from home. 

About Sybrinas card:
To make the card, I worked with the center part of the sketch. The paper I used is We R Memory Keeper's 6 x 6 Red, White, & Blue collection.
  • I layered 3 pieces of paper for the background paper.
  • Next, I stamped, heat embossed, cut out, and embellished two firecrackers for the 4 X 3 photos. The stamp is from a Making Memories set purchased at a garage sale!
  • Then, I cut out and matted text and an image from one of the papers in the pad for the 4 x 6 photo. I also cut out part of a pennant from one of the other papers for the circle and feathery plume above one of the 4 x 3 photos.
  • I cut a border, cutting along the arc-ed edge, for the borders separating the middle and bottom parts of the sketch.
  • For two last steps, I adhered elements (the left firecracker, the round image on the far right, and the bottom border) with pop up glue dots and added crystal Stickles (to the firecracker bursts, the stars in the pennant, the stars and firecrackers in the circular element, and the stars in the center strip of the border) for a little shimmer.

8 comments:

  1. Great sketch, I love the circle embellishment spots!

    P.S. Did you see my blog event? Lots of giveaways to enter, but hurry, they end tonight: http://www.jennifersjumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/end-of-weekend-but-not-end-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your take on the sketch.. thanks so much for sharing. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sketch! I'm going to have to file this one away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute card and a great sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the use of a softer almost teal blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch and I can't wait to use it:)

    ReplyDelete