Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Simple Stories: Summer Fresh Layout

Simple Stories has this fabulous, fun & perfect for summer collection called "Summer Fresh" and I am absolutely in loooooove with it =). Below I have a double pager using this collection that I made for Cord Scrapbook Studio


I have always been a very outdoorsy kinda girl, I love to be out in the summer sun, walking around, hiking, biking, exploring new places and climbing on things! And lucky for me, I live in a wonderful state that has plenty to explore =) I live not to far away from the Hocking Hills region where there are a really good amount of walking path/trails to explore (along with canoeing, lakes, zip lines, horse back riding, ect, ect, I love it!) Baz and I try to pick out a new place each time we go and on this day we went with Conkles Hallow. We got out our gps and plugged in our destination, oddly enough it took us a back way, I knew there was a more main road to get there judging by which way the signs said to go but we decided to go with the gps and check out the back roads. I am glad we did, there was this one road we were on taking us far up in the hills, it was all gravel and supposed to be a road that had traffic going both ways but was really only big enough for one car, it was a beautiful drive. There were locals out walking around and they waved to us as we drove by, one of the reasons I love small city back roads. Once we arrived to Conkles Hallow we looked at the trails and decided to just do the short lower rim trail since it was late in the day. The lower rim trail was one of the most paved out paths that I have been on there, it was a nice short walk to the small water fall, we climbed some rocks, relaxed and then decided to head back home. I liked Conkles Hallow a lot and we decided on our next trip we need to go back there earlier in the day and tackle the upper rim trail.

Material List:

*Cardstock: Kraft (2)
*Expressions cardstock stickers
*4x6 Journaling card elements #1
*Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers
*Summer Quilt
*Mr Misty: Black

6 comments:

  1. Great design Ashley! I like how the zigzag leads your eye across the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outdoors too, but sadly don't get "out there" enough. Great spread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout .. fun looking stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 2 pager with a great collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the zig-zags and repeat of washing tape in that direction. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete